Saturday, December 6, 2008

Grand Dogger


My little puppy girl had has a few names. Its started as Lilliana (Lily-Anna), to Athena(Xena) to Roxy(Foxy), BabyBitch and so on. Though she is my little baby girl (and growing), I had another BabyGirl, for which i feel guilty continuing using this term of endearment.

Samantha Chouinard, aka, Choui, my first bitch. She was awesome. A grand dog, you could say. She was obedient and smart and beautiful and always on guard. Not a kisser or hugger, but she was always by my side and did offer kisses and comfort at times of need. She was my girl. After Rippy passed, she became needy and you could tell she was sad. She lost her appetite and became increasingly anxious, missing her life partner. Poor girl. In the end, she got sick suddenly, a year younger than Rippy was, though she was always the healthy one. Im sure it was the effects of her broken heart. So we took our girl for her last car ride, gave her chocolate chip cookies and loved her till the end. Even past the end. I was strong but at the same time not. That moment, on the floor with her lifeless body has scarred me deeply. YOure such a good girl! Love you forever baby girl! xoxo :)

Now I am here, with my baby bitch Athena. She provides me excitement and love and also tests my patience. She look so similar to my Choui baby, that I am reminded often of her. I fear I comparing them and having high expectations for baby Athena. But for the most part, I think I am balanced in respecting Chouis memory and allowing Athena to be herself.

I think im a good Doggy mommy, but who knowns. My parents have been excellent doggy grandparents to their grand dog... or Grand Dogger. So if it takes a village to raise a child, what does it take to raise a bitch?

No comments: